The latest news from the Fyne community
- FyneConf Hybrid Fun
- v2.4 bumper release
- 2.4 release teasers
- 20k Stargazers!
- A fresh new look, richer text and cloud integration delivers Christmas cheer!
- v2.2 adds System Tray, App.Metadata and a preview of web driver
- v2.1 for RichText and DocTabs goodness :)
- Announcing FyneDesk v0.2
- Fyne Book Published
- Introducing Fyne v2.0.0
- All posts ...
Announcing FyneDesk v0.2
Mar 23, 2021
The FyneDesk team are excited to announce the second major release of their desktop environment for Linux and BSD. This version comes packed with new features like notifications, print screen and a new module API and is also updated to the new look of version 2.0.0 of the Fyne toolkit. Read on for more details and screenshots!
We have been working hard over many months to re-work the desktop handling for better performance and higher reliability. But the main reason for a release is to get the latest cool features to our community - here are the highlights:
- Support for desktop notifications
- Created API for writing modules that plug in to FyneDesk
- Add volume control using pulseaudio
- Print screen support for desktop and window capture
- Add urls, calculations and sound/brightness to launcher
- Add support for XPM icon format
- Double tap title bar to maximise
- Hover effects for window borders
- Add option to use 24h time
- Drag border to exit un-maximize
- Support choosing between Alt and Win key for shortcuts
- Add AC power indicator to battery status
- Add option to change border button position
- Support pseudo transparency for apps like X terminals
There are many more hidden gems, try it out and see what you can find :)
With the latest Fyne theme and improvements to our status widgets design (which are all modules now) we have a fresh new look to the desktop, as shown below.
There are huge plans for what we want to add to this project, you can see the full Roadmap at the project Wiki on GitHub.
Now that this release is out we will be working on a more complete multi-monitor configuration experience as well as virtual desktops and other improvements like lock screens and a network manager.
Stay tuned for future announcements!
Get In Touch!
We're excited to hear from anyone interested in the project. Whether it's to find out more, provide suggestions or to get involved - drop us a line!
If you would like to join the community for a chat you'll find us in the #fyne channel on gophers Slack or on our Discord server. If you are not already a member of the communities you can use a Slack invite or Discord invite.